Search Engine Optimization is a critical process to increase your websites ranking and investment, as the Internet is a complex and busy place making websites easy to find and relevant to the user.
12 basic steps to ensuring an effectively optimized website.
- Site Preparation: This is to get your website ready for the search engines and your visitors.
- Keyword Research: We identify the phrases your target audience use when searching for your products or services based on relevance and search frequency.
- Competition Research: This is where we analyse your competition’s strengths through their keyword phrases to ensure you are competing effectively online.
- Page Optimization: Content strategy using keyword density is important for pleasing the search engines and your visitors.
- Indexing: Search engine submission is key to getting the WebCrawler’s to index your website.
- Link Popularity Analysis: This is a measure of how many websites are pointing hyperlinks at another website.
- Acquiring Links: These are important as they form a consensus on the quality and topic of your website. Search engines use inbound links in their ranking algorithms.
- Article and Directory Submissions: Crawler based search engines use these as a stamp of approval as to your website’s quality.
- Link Exchanges and Paid Links: This is to be done carefully so as to gain the benefit of back links without jeopardising your ranking through too many exchanges.
- Link Building and Marketing: This is using social networking and blogging to increase visitors and link popularity.
- Rank Checking: This is the measure of how your website is performing, needs to be tracked over time as results will vary greatly from day to day.
- Visitor Analysis: This gives you a lot of information on many aspects of your website’s performance